The Diagnostics tab in SmartSync Manager allows you to check the SmartSync - ERP connection. You can see at a glance if the connection is successful or if there are any connection issues.
How to run a diagnostics check
- You will need access to SmartSync Manager, installed on your ERP server. You may need assistance from your IT team or someone with Administrator access to the ERP server.
Open SmartSync Manager and select the correct company from the Legal Entity dropdown. Click Diagnostics to open the tab, and click Check to run the connection check.
A successful diagnostics check will return all positive results for the following checks
- Sync will be performed using services
- Service SmartSyncConnectorService is found and it is in running state
- Service SmartSyncPollingService is found and it is in running state
- SmartSync Application Data directory: Current logged in user has full access to directory BeanworksSyncTool
- Successfully connected to Beanworks
- SFTP connection success for Legal Entity
- ERP specific validation
Any negative results will be highlighted in red, as shown in the screenshot below. In this example, the SmartSync Polling Service is not running. Open the Windows Services menu and ensure the Polling Service to updated to running.
If you receive a negative result or error in a diagnostics check that you can't resolve, contact our Support team and include a screenshot of your diagnostics result.