SmartSync allows you to sync your data between Quadient AP and your ERP. This keeps both of your systems up to date with the latest information on your AP.
SmartSync is the default sync tool for the following ERP:
Sage 50 CA
Sage 50 US
If you began using Quadient AP prior to 2020, you may not be using SmartSync. Please reach out to our Support Team to migrate to SmartSync.
How to use SmartSync
Users with the following roles can run a sync with SmartSync:
- Invoice Exporter
- Invoice Administrator
- Purchase Order Administrator
- Payment Administrator
- System Administrator
In Settings, click SmartSync on the left-side menu to open the SmartSync menu.
There are two ways to run a sync using SmartSync:
- Use the Legal Entity dropdown under General Info to sync entities individually.
- Use the Sync All Legal Entities option
How to run a sync for a Legal Entity
Under the General Info heading, select a Legal Entity from the drop-down menu.
For most users, the SyncTool Name will be filled by default. If you are using a Right Networks server to host QuickBooks Desktop, you may see multiple options under the SyncTool Name dropdown menu. You can confirm the SyncTool name in the bottom-right corner of the SmartSync Manager application.
Cloud ERP users (QuickBooks Online, Netsuite, and Sage Intacct) will not see the SyncTool Name field.
There are two further syncing options: Full Sync or Partial Sync
- The Full Sync option syncs all list information from your ERP into Quadient AP. Full Syncs are run during your implementation. You should not run a Full Sync unless requested to, as they take much longer to complete than Partial Syncs.
- The Partial Sync option only syncs list data updated after the 'Sync From' date. Partial Syncs are used for regular syncing and can be run whenever needed. Partial Syncs default to the last successful sync date if no date is selected.
Toogle the PO and Receivings Sync on if you import Purchase Orders from your ERP into Quadient AP. Like with Partial Syncs, you can select the start date for the sync.
After selecting Full or Partial Sync, click the green Sync button to run the sync.
How to run a sync using the Sync All button
Select the entities that you want to sync, and click the green Sync button. Under the Sync Status Overview section, you'll see the syncs initiate.
Sync Status Icons
Under Sync Activities, you can see the 10 most recent syncs. The Sync Status Overview shows you the most recent sync for each entity. A sync will have one of four status icons:
- Hourglass: The sync was requested but hasn't started yet. All syncs begin in this status. If your sync does not commence after 1-2 minutes, please contact our Support Team.
- Green check: The sync was successful.
- Red cross: The sync was unsuccessful. Click the log icon to open the sync logs and find more information on why the sync failed.
- Yellow exclamation point: The sync was overall successful, but certain sections failed. This could be because an invoice went into Sync Error status, or certain lists in your ERP could not be accessed. Click on the log icon to open the sync logs and find more information about the failure.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article