Beanworks connects to your ERP using our data synchronization tool, SmartSync. SmartSync allows us to access the data needed so that you to accomplish your workflow needs. There are specific installation requirements to ensure this SmartSync integrates seamlessly for you. This document will walk you through the necessary setup required for SmartSync.
· Windows Server 2012 R2
· Windows Server 2016
· Windows Server 2019
· Windows 10
· Windows 7.8.1
.NET Version requirements
SmartSync requires a .NET version of 4.8 or above to run successfully. To check your .NET version, run Windows Powershell on your server, and then run the following command:
(Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full").Release.
You must upgrade your server before your Integration meeting if you are not on .NET version 4.8 or higher. The update will require a server restart. Here is the link to upgrade your .NET version: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=863265.
Verify your six-digit string below to ensure you are on the correct .NET version.
.NET version 4.8 release DWORD
Windows 11/Windows Server 2022
Windows 10 - May 2020 Update/October 2020 Update/May 2021 Update
Windows 10 - May 2019/November 2019 Update
All other OS versions
We require a dedicated Windows Logon user for SmartSync. Specifically, this ensures that the SmartSync apps and services are run by a user with full access to all relevant areas of the server. This user must be able to lock their session as opposed to logging in and out.
● has Full Control on C:\ProgramData\BeanworksSyncTool
● has Full Control on the path(s) to your Company File(s)
For ease of use, we recommend including keywords like ‘SmartSync’ or ‘Beanworks’ in the username so it can be easily located & verified. You can refer to this article in our Help Centre to add a local user to your system.
SmartSync is both an SFTP client (data transfer) and an HTTPS client (authentication). Connections are initiated by the client, reaching out from your server to our infrastructure. Please ensure that the following traffic is allowed through your firewall, so SmartSync can send & receive data to our cloud infrastructure.
If your firewall is local to the installation machine, you may be able to whitelist using the combination of application name and port, or domain and port. If your firewall is at the perimeter, you may need to use the combination of machine name and port.
Domain or Service name
Port or Traffic type
sftp.eu.beanworks.com (EU customers only)
Port 22000 is specific to Beanworks
443 (HTTPS Traffic)
These authorizations are needed to allow SmartSync to do the following:
· SmartSync Manager
· SmartSync Connector
· SmartSync Connector Service
· SmartSync Polling Service
GP Synchronization User
SmartSync requires Microsoft Dynamics GP user credentials to communicate and sync data. Please create this user directly in the SQL server with DYNGRP roles in company and system databases. Do not create the user through Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP, as the ERP encrypts the credentials so that any non-System Admin user cannot log in to SQL server and access tables.
To create the DYNGRP User:
· Login to the SQL server using System Admin (sa) credentials.
· Expand Security, right-click on Logins and choose New Login...
· In the General Tab Choose SQL Server Authentication. Enter username and password.
· Uncheck the user must change the password on next login and enforce password expiration requirements.
· In User Mapping mark the checkboxes for access to the corresponding CompDatabase (example BWGP1) and GP System Database (usually called DYNAMICS) in the top table.
· In the bottom table, assign the DYNGRP role to this user for both the Company databases and GP System Database, then press OK.